Monday, June 13, 2011

What did I wake up to?

As I am making the bed at 5am I hear the chirps of a guinea hen. Too early for that-Oh yea and we don't own a guinea hen! Appears someone else did and thought we were a great new home for it and left it off overnight in the front fenced area of our yard. Well I grab the bread and try to get a good look and make sure its not hurt-nope runs away shreaking in normal guinea hen style. It wants nothing from me other than to be freed from the fence line where it has been tormented by big trucks rushing down the hill since daylight. Well up and over the fence it goes and heads straight for the road and starts walking up the street. I am hopeful it will find another home-with guineas,lol. If it comes back here I guess we can add it to the flock-maybe-we had guineas before and they are awesome for ticks. I feel really bad that someone would just dump it off. It must be really scared. My guess a male-once they mature they usually fight with another male and they roost fairly early at night so its not like he wondered around in the dark all night-someone put him there. I hope I don't find him in the road later.....never a dull moment on the farm.

No comments:

Post a Comment