Friday, July 15, 2011

WoW Look what I found tonight!!

Ok So we are at the farmers market along with so many other friends & they are having a small car show. There on the end- I recognize a 67 Stang ragtop PINK- I said I have to go over and see if thats a Pink Lady. For those who dont know-Ford only made so many like a couple 100, 9 were ragtops- it was called the Playboy Pink Lady for Huey n his favorite girls-I heard that Cher had one as well when she was with Sony. Well in 1980 yes this story goes back- a family moved into the neighborhood-with them a guy named Dave dating their daughter Deb.Jump forward everyone becomes like family. Dave owns a Mustang, 67 Ragtop-Midnight Metallic Blue. This becomes the coolest car to hang out in over the next many years. Many trip to RI Mall, Green Falls, anywhere & everywhere. It was even stolen once -found -returned damaged. Well the car got old along with Dave and the rest of us-and it sat In Daves back yard until 1993 under a tarp. Dave sold it to a co-worker named Mike. Oh yea I forgot the best part of the story- if you remember anything about Dave you remember the famous Stang story. Dave needs a car for college-buys this Stang from an old lady (she was in her early 30's) Dave drives car- everyone picks on Dave cuz the color sucks so Dave saves his $$ and has it painted. Ok now you see where this is going....Someone steals the letters off the back and when Dave has them replaced the guy puts them on and says -Hey was this car ever Pink- Daves says Yea and I put up with a lot of crap for it until I painted it-The guy says- you idiot- It was a Pink Lady- well that means nothing to a 20 year old guy. So I go over to this nice car and say to the nice woman- is this a Pink Lady- she says yes it is- I said WOW- I have a story to tell you-I get about 2 sentences in and she says pointing-DAVE"S CAR!!! Now I could cry- they fixed it up all original right down to every last detail. I had to get in it- I can remember even taking her for a spin a few times myself in the days.
I just looked around inside and said hello old friend- its been many long years and your still running fine & lookin great. Who would have thought I would ever run into this old car ever again just a few miles away from my house! She's a beauty-even if you dont love old cars. By the way- out of the 9 ragtops-only 1 ever made it to the East Coast-THIS ONE! and yes that pony on the front still lights up!

No comments:

Post a Comment